Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Jellicle Ball

I am going to see the musical Cats tomorrow! I was feeling inspired by my panda nails to do cat nails the same way, so this is what I did. I took pictures of the process because I was thinking of doing a tutorial on YouTube and I thought I could post it here too.

First I painted the tips and my index fingers black.


After they dried I used my black Art Deco to paint the ears on, but you can also use a toothpick.

Next, I used a toothpick to dot on the eyes and noses. I also used a toothpick to make the big yellow eyes on my index fingers. When the yellow circles were still sticky I just dragged the end of the toothpick through it to make a slit, like a cat's eye. You can also let them dry completely then use a toothpick to paint a black line for the slit.

Then you just finish it off with your favorite top coat. That's all it takes! It was really easy to do and didn't take long at all. The yellow eyes aren't really the shape I wanted them to be, but I'm too lazy to go back an fix them. I wanted them to look like the cat's eyes from the posters of Cats, but this will do for me :) These would also be good for Halloween.
That's all I have to say for today, so thanks for reading and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment